Saturday, January 14, 2012

Jealousy and Envy

It has been such a long time since I've blogged.  I've just been so busy, but I do miss it and I really do need to blog today.  Blogging is my release.

I can honestly say there are very few people that I am jealous of or envy.  BFF Jill is one.  I envy the fact that she has such a wonderful relationship with her father, that she still has her mother, that she has an older sister.  But you know what?  It doesn't matter, because she has shared that family with me and for that I am grateful.

I am jealous of people who live in warm climates.  I will be there some day.  I just can't be there now.

I am jealous of people who have the gumption to eat healthy and stay fit.  I used to have that, well, no, I never did eat healthy, I grew up on Miller's Hoagies and Pizzaria Pizza.  I just have no energy to be active any more.  Taking care of work and home exhausts me.  So those of you who can do it all, I am envious and jealous of you.

I can honestly say that I am not jealous or envious of anyone in our industry.  If I was, it would shut the door, mentally for me to learn anything from that person and how stupid would that be?  Yes there are others that are better than me and yes there are others that have achieved more than me.  Only one person can be the best and can you imagine what pressure that is??  Who wants that?

So, if you think I am jealous of you or envious of you, for whatever reason you may have, know that that is not true.  I admire all of my fellow professionals, whether you are a newbie or a Nail Hag (Fifteen years or more in the business).  Wanting to create work as beautiful as some techs and wanting the awards that they have reaped, both tangible and non tangible, it is not jealousy, it is not envy, it is admiration.

So, some need to read this and realize this.  Saying things to others, about me, that are not true, just to make yourself feel better or feel more important.  That is not admiration.  It is jealousy and it is envy and it is ugly.  I am hardly anyone that you should be jealous of or envy.  I am just me.

No comments: