Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mr. Bruises Goes Skating

For Christmas, Mr. Bruises got skates from Santa so that he wouldn't have to rent skates anymore. He also got some outdoor wheels. We went on our annual Anniversary trip (one weekend early) to Presque Isle and we took our skates.


He was all skeptical in the beginning. Even though he had knee pads on, he was concerned that he didn't have wrist guards. I couldn't lend him mine, even though I have two pairs. I wear an extra small and I am certain they wouldn't fit him. I assured him that he just needed to fall on his knee pads and he will be fine.


I let him go first. See, I am such a talented skater that I can skate AND take his picture at the same time. He did pretty good. After awhile, I got passed him and he kept yelling at me to slow down.


We skated for quite a ways, stopped and took a break and then headed back the way we came. When we came to the parking lot where the tracker was, I kept going. I could see the look of doom on his face.


I continued a little further then decided to put him out of his misery and quit. He was all sweaty and his feet hurt. I, on the other hand, could have kept going. He told me that was because I do this for a "living". I was like WTF??? Where has my derby paycheck been going all this time??!?

No comments: