Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pneumonia sucks!

Twelve days ago, I awoke with a dull pain between my shoulder blades. I knew that I was going to get sick. Mr. Bruises had been hacking in my face, while sleeping, for about three weeks now. I decided to fight the sickness head on.

I loaded myself up with Emergen-C three times daily, I took Mr. Bruises' cough syrup with codeine three times a day and I took Ibuprofen to get rid of my aches and keep a fever at bay.

Well, through all this playing doctor, I've learned, after finally getting into see the doctor on Thursday, a number of things. First, I am allergic to codeine, hence the rash on my torso. Second, by not allowing myself to cough at all, I now have pneumonia.

I am on some strong antibiotics and I now have an inhaler. I've developed a slight case of asthma as well. I've noticed a number of times this season, at derby practice, that I would get to the point, where it was hard to breathe. It seemed to me like it was an asthma attack, but as far as I knew I didn't have it. Well, I do.

The lesson to be learned by this is to not play doctor, it can backfire on you. I have insurance now, I should use it. I am paying the price for it now, but I do have a spiffy red inhaler that I totally plan to bling out.

3 comments:

Hatgal said...

dont be offended, but im staying the hell away from you . I catch pnemounia fairly easy since I've had double when I was little. We'll have to figure out a day/time and go for lunch or dinner b4 the holiday. Maybe next Monday if your feeling up to it. Take care!!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I've had "walking" pnemonia before and I've had bronchitis (mis spelled) countless times. I know what your going thru and I hope you are better soon. Miss hearing from you.