Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sickness and Santa

I have been nasty sick since last Tuesday. My lungs are filled with all kinds of goop that makes me cough endlessly. Luckily, I haven't had to deal with the sinus issues, thanks to the Nettie Pot. For the past week, I have been surviving on Emergen-C, Ibuprofen and Mr. Bruises' cough syrup with codeine.

The cough syrup makes Mr. Bruises go night-night almost immediately. Me? Two teaspoons every six hours just makes me restless. I thought I was okay on the syrup until I walked to the mailbox at the salon. I was amazed to see how I parked my car that morning. I have no idea, how I swung into my spot without taking out the flower pots. Yes, purple flowers bloom at The Purple Pinkie all year long, don't be hating.

Yesterday was day seven of sickness and I needed to go Christmas shopping. I really don't have many people to purchase presents for, but I do have a niece and nephew (from my half brother) and three great nephews and one great niece (from Mr. Bruises' two half sister's children, who are our age). So, I trudged out in all my sick glory hoping to get through it all without having a coughing attack and peeing myself simultaneously.

I headed to Target in Butler. I love Target, wish we had one closer. Soon, I was all engrossed in the toy section. It takes me forever to pick out toys for the kids. I ended up getting Marley a Barbie and some clothes, Nicholas a huge, noisy monster truck, Timmy a talking Winnie the Poo telephone and Amber a sweet Tinkerbell doll. The oldest two will get gift cards.

Even though I felt like crap, because I am The World's Greeter, I approached everyone with a smile. Even though under by breath I was saying "Get the eff out of my way". I was actually met back with smiles and politeness. I was shocked.

Let's get down to the nitty gritty. Santa is a WOMAN. Let's face it. The women do all the shopping, all the wrapping, all the decorating, all the holiday cards, all the cooking and all the cleaning. A man hardly ever contributes anything to the holiday, yet the figure that gets all the credit is a man.

Here's to getting through another Christmas ladies! Suck it up and put on your santa hats. Now who wants to come wrap all the eff'n presents I have on my kitchen table? I'll share my cough syrup with you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Target too. I also wish we had one closer, just because they do have different things than Wal Mart has. I have noticed, however Target is a little more exspensive than Wal Mart (like on the same exact product) But I love Target's toy section, among other sections there. I also like their Kids clothes there. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

OlRedHair said...

Hope you're feeling much better!

Kris said...

And just like a man to LET the woman do all of the stuff and take the credit!!!