Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Remembering Lucy Rudd

I was on the road all weekend, teaching nail classes. As I was on Interstate 80, last night, I was listening to a country station. That isn't my first choice of genre of music, however it was a station that was coming in nice and clear. A ways down the road, a song came on. I had no idea why, but I got this strange feeling come over me. I got this big knot in my stomach and I had a stong urge to cry. What the heck? A ways into the song, a vision popped into my head, Lucy Rudd. It then clicked in my head that the song playing "God Bless the Broken Road" was the song that was playing in Lucy's photo memorial montage at Goldstock. Then the tears came.

Isn't it amazing tht this was the second time in my life that I heard this song, the first time was at Goldstock at the Candle Ceremony. It is now two months later and that song totally brought all those visions and memorys back of that wonderful, sweet, golden girl. I can honestly say, that I don't think I will ever be able to hear that song without crying.

No comments: