Saturday, August 14, 2010

My First Steeler Game

This 43 year old girl is going to her first Steeler game. That's right, I've been a Steeler fan since the 1970's when I rocked my Lynn Swann shirt to Catholic School and knew the Pittsburgh Polka by heart and would sing it on command for anyone. Despite my father having season tickets, I've never gotten to go to a game. We actually had tickets for a playoff game in 1978, but the parential unit partied too much the night before and was still passed out at kickoff.

I am taking Tammy to the game with me, she is pet sitting for us when we go to the beach in a few weeks and I thought it would be a nice reward for her. Personally, I think 7 days with Riley and Travis is worth it's weight in gold, but hey, I like to over compensate. Mr. Bruises seemd a little put out that I didn't ask him, but come on, the dude doesn't even like football and it's the Steelers!!!

Now, we are in the nosebleed section, in peanut heaven and we are in the end zone, but hey, we really don't care, it's all about the experience. AND, we are in row A, so that means we are in the front row!

So, when I first got the tickets (Thanks Becky!) I was so giddy! It was the following day that I realized that I may not see Ben play and that bummed me a little. Now, I am reading that he may play, so I am holding out that he does take some snaps today.

Yes, I am a Ben supporter. I really don't care if you are not. Someone posted on the Steeler Nation FB page today something to the effect that if that was one of his daughters, he would put a foot in Ben's ass. Well I responded that if that was one of his daughters he should have the other foot in HER ass as well because lets face it, she is not innocent either. When you are underage, in a bar with a button on that says "DTF" and will tell anyone that asks what it means (Down to Fuck)then you are not a sweet, little, innocent, college girl who was taken advantage of.

I can tell you, I've been really intoxicated in my life especially in my twenties. Drunk off of my ass. I can tell you though that never, one time, was I not in control. I never put myself into a situation where I had to say no and if I did then that was it.

I am not saying that Ben is a saint. Yes, he can be an asshole. Yes, he is a douchebag. Yes, he is a jerk at times, but is he a rapist? No. If he was a rapist he would be charged with rape. Now don't start the whole, the DA was bought off, that is one hundred percent BULLSHIT. As a DA it is your job to prosecute a crime. There are so many people that could blow the whistle on him. Fact is, the evidence is there, he did not commit a crime. I've read the transcripts.

Personally, I feel that these girls, who claim to be raped, yet there is no evidence to support such crime, are a slap in the face to the women in this world that were truly raped. Some of these women are so afraid to come forward and yet these attention whores make it known to anyone who will listen. We've come so far, yet you now take us so many steps backward.

So today, I will be cheering for number 7 and I hope that other will do the same. I also hope that he knows he has to do things differently from now on. He needs to do what the others do. Hire a hooker. You don't pay a hooker for sex, you pay them to go away. For all that he's paid in legal fees, he could have a high priced hooker at his beck and call 24/7/365.

Here we go Steelers, here we go!!!

No comments: