Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December

It's hard to believe that it's December already. December usually equals "Hell Month" for me. With the holidays we are busy in the salon, add in a couple Christmas dances and you got full blown chaos. Then we have Christmas Eve, which is our highest gift certificate selling day of the year. I am usually sleep deprived in the month of December.

For the past two years, the local high school had their "Snowball" dance in January. It's a SNOWball, so it technically isn't a Christmas dance. The other local school started having a Fall Ball, so that left only the junior high dance. So, I thought, this year would be tamer. When we were asked months ago if we wanted to go with another couple to Sanibel Island in December, I quickly said YES! I then found out that the Snowball was moved back to December. UGH!

So, we now have the junior high dance to deal with this week, I will be in Sanibel December 10-17 and then will go straight to the salon from the airport to start doing all the Snowball appointments. Then comes the Christmas rush.

The Florida trip will be during Mr. Bruises' birthday. I have agreed to spend a couple of days at Disney World, because it's his birthday and he loves all things Disney. We will then be heading to Punta Cana in January for my birthday. We really only have each other, family wise, to celebrate our birthdays with, so we figured, we may as well be somewhere nice on our birthdays.

I am so glad I got just about everything done for Christmas already. I guess I won't have to deal with all of that in addition to the crazy busy salon schedule! Now, let's hope this weather keeps holding out!

No comments: