Saturday, January 24, 2009

I pimped my ride!

After a year of skating on my new, expensive purple skates, I finally admitted that the plates are too heavy and they are contributing to my back and hip pain. I started wearing my old, cheap skates again and I have fallen back in love with derby.

Well, after having purple skates for a year, it pained me to skate with plain, old black ones. So, I decided to pimp them out!

Here is what they looked like before.

I was too lazy to take the wheels off, so I just masked around them.

I sprayed them with two coats of Outdoor paint.

I then prayed them with a matte finish, clear sealer.

After they dried, I applied Modge Podge where I wanted the racing strips to be, and then I put some gold glitter in a salt shaker and shook it over the stripes area, then dusted off the excess.

Once that dried, I sealed the glitter to the skate with another coat of Modge Podge.

Here is the finished product - A purplelicious set of skates with gold strips, what better way to represent Ford City than with the good old purple and gold!

4 comments:

Burgher said...

so friggin sweet!!!!!!!

ashleigh d. said...

Fonda, these are amazing! Good job!
xo- Auntie

Anonymous said...

those are so cool looking!

Anonymous said...

Those are some skates, Rhonda! I haven't made it out to watch any bouts this year. I suck.