Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ooooops!

So, I've been suffering with lower back and abdominal pain. I went to the doctor on Tuesday morning and the conclusion was that I had a possible kidney stone. Turns out, it isn't a kidney stone after all. I'm pregnant.

Yes, you read that right. I am still letting it sink in. I don't know how I feel. Mr. Bruises and I never said we didn't want children, just that we would never sit down and plan to have them. We never felt that we were ready. We always said if it happened, it would be fine, though.

Well, I really don't know. I am scared shitless. Mainly scared because I am 42, kind of past prime-time baby, popping age. I'm scared because our lives are going to change drastically. I'm scared that I am going to totally suck at being a mom.

If you are feeling my fear and anguish right now, good, because today is April first and you are officially a FOOL!

Oh, and the part about the kidney stone is true. I have to have a CT scan to confirm it, but it's pretty certain.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally didn't fall for it. I usually play that one on Brandon every year.

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

You jerk! I totally fell for that! I forgot that it's April 1st today. I am such a FOOL!!!!

Burgh Baby said...

I'm sad I didn't fall for it. Maybe that's just because I very nearly did the same thing.

~Kammie~ said...

OMG.....thanks Rhonda--Ok,I fell for it ONLY because that seems to be the theme with my friends! pushing 40 and getting pregnant...literally got a call from a friend this last week telling me she was preggy AGAIN and she was less than thrilled with it. LOL

Anonymous said...

Jerk

Anonymous said...

I feel for it! LOL

Burgher said...

i totally fell for it & was feeling all of your scared emotions right along with you! Wow I am a sucker!