Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Rudy - The Bathing Beauty!

My guinea pig, Rudy is six and a half years old. Most G pigs live for about five years. I am so blessed to still have her. Rudy has always kept herself so clean. I've never had to give her a bath. Plus, I've always read that they are terrified of water.

In the past year, she has developed a growth on her belly. There isn't anything you can do with it, they are too little to be put under, so I was told to just monitor it and ensure that she is happy and not in pain. So far so good!

Saturday, I trimmed her nails and realized that this growth is becoming a poop catch all and she was a little dirty on her belly. I decided to give her a bath. To my surprise, she LOVED it! I even used the spray hose on her and she didn't freak out like I thought she would.

When we were finished, I wrapped her in a towel and rubbed her to dry her. She started squealing and chirping like she does when she is extremely happy! I see a few more baths in Rudy's future. Have you ever seen a cuter animal?!?

2 comments:

~Tonyia~ said...

awe how cute! Is she really tame?
My oldest son used to have one, he was a mean little bastard and bit me all the time LOL

The Purple Pinkie said...

She is very tame. She wasn't very old when I got her (2-2-02)she fit in the palm of my hand. She nibbles, but it's affectionate, she's never bitten me.