Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Mocking Bird

Yes, I know this isn't a mocking bird, that it's a cardinal, however, let me tell you, this bird "mocks" me daily. It has been going on for about two weeks now.


It's a male, you can tell by how bright he is. Isn't it funny how most male animals are flashier than females?
When I first heard his mocking, I thought it was Chip's new paramour, the male chippie that lives under the carport. The little squeeking noise the cardinal was making, sounds just like a chipmunk chirp. I grabbed my camera to see if I could get a photo of the chippie in love.
I quickly realized that it was a cardinal. Every day, that's all I hear, squeek, sqeek, squeek. I swear this bird just sits outside my window mocking me. He squeeks in the front of the house, he squeeks in the back of the house. The only reason why he is not squeeking right now is that it's so windy out, I think he had to take cover.
Come to think of it, I haven't put any birdseed out in awhile. Maybe he isn't mocking me, he is just bitching at me because the buffet is open but there is no food out!

No comments: