Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The End of a Legend

It has taken me three months to write about this. I am so ticked off, even today, it makes me want to find the jackass responsible and hurt them. Last September, I wrote about Grunt's Leg. I, like many others, grew up with that leg. I've taken joy in introducing many people to the leg, many of whom have lived here their entire lives and didn't know about it's existence. Grunt's Leg was a part of Ford City and part of our heritage.


In mid July, we noticed that the leg was gone. Through the grapevine, we heard that a utility company wanted the leg down, so a "concerned" neighbor took it down. It is now residing in someone's camp behind Garda's Restaurant.
First, no utility company wanted it down. That's just bullshit. There are NO utilities connected to that pole, the only purpose that pole served was to hold that wooden leg.
Second, that leg was up there for over 30 years. So now you are going to tell me that suddenly, after 30 years a company wants it down. Bullshit again.
To me, it sounds as though someone wanted a "trophy" for their camp, so they took it. Shame on you. You are such a selfish jackass to make it so that no one but yourself can enjoy the history and legend that is Grunt's Leg.
Mr Bruises says it's all my fault that this happened. He said that I brought attention to the leg by writing about it on my blog. Maybe he's right, maybe I did cause this to happen.
All I know, is if I find out where it is, I am breaking and entering to take back what belongs to Ford City and if anyone gets in my way, they are getting the shit beat out of them with Grunt's Leg.

No comments: