Sunday, October 4, 2009

Whip It!

The GNO girls and I had lunch together then went to see the new Roller Derby movie Whip It. It is a great movie and is pretty accurate. About the only things I don't agree with are the elbowing to the face stuff and the fighting, but this is Hollywood we are talking about, but for the most part, they got it right.

Steel City Derby Demons even had a skater in the film. Kat Von D' Stroya, who transferred to SCDD from the Detroit Derby Girls, earlier this summer, played herself in the movie, a member of the Black Widows. It was so great to see Kat skate in the film.

Many were afraid that seeing this movie would light the fire within me again. I will admit, I had that feeling in the pit of my stomach a couple of times. My body, however, has told me that enough is enough. I am possibly exploring additional options that may be the best of both worlds. Stay tuned.....

1 comment:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

I want to see that movie too but I'll wait for the DVD.