Sunday, October 19, 2008

How I spent my Sunday morning....... the back of a PA State Police cruiser. No, I didn't get arrested, they were rescuing a damsel in distress.

I worked at Scarehouse Saturday night. I left around 1:00 am. At approximately 1:32, my gas light came on. I knew from previous experience, with said light, that I had plenty of gas to get home. At 1:38, I ran out of gas. I was on Route 28 North, between the Natrona Heights and Freeport exits near mile marker 23.

I called Mr. Bruises and he didn't answer. I called again, and again, still no answer. It was obvious to me, he was sleeping and either his phone was dead or turned off.

I then called my insurance company. Great news! I have roadside assistance. After 35 minutes on the phone, I am informed that she can't locate anyone to help me and after contacting the PA State Police she was instructing me to call 911 because if the State Police dispatch someone to help me, they can't refuse.

So, I call 911. I am so happy that I wasn't in an accident and bleeding, because I would have died at mile marker 23. I kept being asked over and over, what city, township or borough I was in. How the hell do I know. I told her the location just as it is written above. She then asks if there are any land marks close by. I tell her mile marker number 23, duh! I didn't say the duh, but I was thinking it. She then tells me that I am in Butler County and she will connect me, to which I very nicely tell there that there is no way in hell that I am in Butler County and if I had to make an educated guess it would be Westmoreland. So, she then decides to call the State Police in Allegheny County who then inform her to call the Kittanning barracks.

So, the police arrive and they can't get anyone to bring me gas, they only have two options. One is to call a tow truck to tow me to the BP Station down the road or they can take me there and drop me off. I opt for the tow truck. Well, no one would come unless I had $250 in cash. I had $20 and a credit card. No credit cards for any towers.

So, the police take me to BP. Enroute, they decide to try to have an officer go to my home and wake Mr. Bruises' ass up. They call Manor Township, they were off duty, so it would revert to the State boys. Well, they were all tied up with a DUI. So they tried to call Ford City, who refused since it wasn't their area. Secretly, I was glad they couldn't go to the house because Mr. Bruises would have probably thought they were there to tell him I was dead.

So, the nice officers decided to take me home. They had to drive back to the Kittanning barracks anyway.

I arrived at home and found that Mr. Bruises had his phone on vibrate. So, as I am putting on my pajamas, looking forward to finally going to sleep, Mr. Bruises informs me that we are going to go get my car before it gets stolen or vandalized. So, off we go to Sheetz, to get gas, then to get my car.

I finally put my head on my pillow at 5 am. Holy bejeezus was that a long freaking day. Many thanks to the PA State Police for coming to my rescue. I can't wait for Monday, so I can tell Geico how happy I am for the most awesome Roadside Assistance that they can provide!

No comments: