Thursday, November 5, 2009

I Finally Found Her

Say what you want about Facebook. Bitch about them constantly changing things on you, complain that it's a big time waster, say, whatever you want. I would just like you to know that I love Facebook. Why? Because it is bringing people together. I haven't seen my cousin Lisa since her mother died and I can't even remember how long ago that was. The picture is my Aunt Betty, my father's sister and my cousin Lisa, who is four years older than I am.

I would think of Lisa often. She was the older cousin that I idolized as a child. He hair was always longer than mine, she was prettier, she was a cheerleader, she was popular in high school, she lived in a nice house and had her own room. I always tried to be like her. If she did a back walk-over, I needed to learn how to do one. She had an Irish Setter named Shaunna, when I got my pure white Siberian Husky puppy what do you think I named it? Shaunna, well her official name was Keishaunna because her mother was Keisha.

The last time I saw Lisa, I think I was in my early twenties. She was living in Pittsburgh and she wrote her address down for me on a piece of paper. She lived on Whitney Avenue. I still have that piece of paper. I've thought of her often through the years. I've actually searched online for her countless times. I figured that she had gotten married and that was why I wasn't finding things on her because she has a new last name.

Last night, for some reason, I was determined to find her. Maybe it was because on Monday, when Jill and I were shopping, we went into an Antique House and there was a bedroom, upstairs, that was filled with porcelain dolls. My Aunt Betty made dolls. One regret I have is that I never took her up on her offer to make a doll with her.

I was searching Facebook, thinking Lisa HAD to be on there. I searched by her maiden last name and saw some youngsters that I was certain were her nieces and nephews. Finally, I decided to look on Classmates for the billionth time. This time, I hit pay dirt. She had a profile and it had photos AND her new last name. I immediately went to FB, plugged in the name and boom, she was the first one listed AND she lives in Orange County, CA now. No wonder I couldn't find her!

I sent her a friend request and a note and within the hour, she approved me and popped up in FB chat. At one point she stated "I could just cry" to which I replied "I am crying, seriously" and I was, however, I wasn't going to admit that first! LOL

She has a handsome husband George and two beautiful sons, Alex and Eli. Eli definitely has the Anthony genes in him. Funny thing is, he looks like another cousin's son when he was that age and his name is Eli as well.

I am so thankful that I finally found her. I really don't have any contact with my father. He was the youngest, so all of my aunts and uncles are deceased. I have pretty much no contact with anyone from that side of the family. I am so thankful that I have contact with Lisa now.

Thank you Facebook, for bringing us together. Now get rid of that FarmTown bullshit. I just became a Fan of "Not Playing FarmTown", along with 750,000 others!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

[sniff sniff] That's awesome, girl. Good for both of you. Now all ya need to do is call Oprah. :D
Kristi

Nance said...

That is too cool! And how weird is it that my grandmother's maiden name was Anthony? :)

Now, where did hubby get the hot sausage from? Any place good that I should know about?